Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Getting Crafty…and a few challenges!

Hello my scrappy friends! The month of October is always a busy month for us. Lots of school activities, parties, birthdays, family reunions…oy! So when October rolls around and I actually am able to find time to craft (other than scrapbook pages) I get really excited!

I was inspired by a picture that I saw in a magazine (maybe Cricut???) and decided to pull out an oldie but goodie cartridge and make a Halloween house! I used the Winter Woodland cart and the 3D house turned out super cute Smile The boys LOVE it and now each of them wants one of their own!!!

Here is the final project. Seriously love how it turned out!

IMG_6324IMG_6325IMG_6326IMG_6327IMG_6328

 

So I have also found the time to “pre-make” a couple scrapbook pages and they just happen to also go with the October challenges at Scraptastic Club Smile

The first challenge is to use a die-cut word or shape with 3 or more strips of  pattern paper. I had fun with this one. I used my Gypsy to weld together a circle shape to make the background for my page. The LO is based on a sketch by PageMaps.

IMG_6322

 

The picture is purposefully missing from this page as it is a picture of my oldest son and his best friend (and does not want his picture on the web!)…in the back of our van after school, chirping like birds trying to catch up on their day at school…in separate classrooms!

 

This is a close-up of the welded background the I made using my gypsy:IMG_6323

I really like how it turned out. And I love being able to make these types of backgrounds with the gypsy!!

 

The second challenge is to use 3+ pictures and /or a 2 page LO. This of course was right up my alley!!! This is the type of LO’s I do the most of Smile The more pictures you can fit on a LO the better!IMG_6317

IMG_6318Here are a couple close-ups:IMG_6319

I LOVE this kit!!! SO the kraft spaces will be where the pictures go….as soon as we have Halloween!!!

Challenge #3 was Tags, Banners and Journaling cards. This was a challenge for me and I took this page apart numerous times before I finally said enough! And now that I have walked away from it for a couple of days, I actually do like how it turned out Smile Funny how that happens!

IMG_6316

 

I am hoping that this year I remember to take the family Thanksgiving picture BEFORE we eat lunch! HAHA. Every year you can tell by the picture what we had for lunch…because it is all over our boys’ shirts! And family is falling asleep by then as well. Ahhh the memories!

 

 

Thanks for stopping by! And remember to slow down and enjoy all life’s moments.

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment