Saturday, September 29, 2012

In a Thankful Mood…

The previous week and this weekend have been so wonderful…. although I did not think so while the week was passing by! Like yesterday (Friday), my DH had to leave early for a business trip and so it was just me getting the boys ready for school, which usually is not a big challenge at all. For the most part the boys know what they need to do and with a little prompting they get everything done with plenty of time to spare before we have to leave for school. WELL let me tell ya that yesterday was NOT a day that a LITTLE prompting would do. OH NO. It took momma almost reaching the breaking point for them to even get dressed, let a lone brush teeth, do their ONE CHORE EACH, or even eat breakfast. SO as I am standing at the kitchen sink filling their juice cups and counting/lecturing myself to calm down for the umpteenth time and trying not to freak out at how late we are running, I look out the window and see THE MOST AMAZING sunrise. God’s way of telling me to slow down, enjoy the moments, see the beauty, cherish your children. So I have been trying to really SLOW DOWN and to CHERISH all the wonderful (and not so wonderful) moments with our precious gifts.

So this evening as I am puttering around in my craft room I begin to get ideas for cards, LO’s and wall hangings that are inspired by the sunset that I saw yesterday morning. And the Just Noted kit from Scraptastic is absolutely perfect! It has so many of the same colors as the sunrise AND it is just perfect for the pages that I am seeing in my ever spinning mindWinking smile

One of the pages that I created tonight is based on this sketch by Heather Landry that is also the 4th September Challenge for the Scraptastic Club.

IMG_5663

The colors of the paper and the sketch really clicked for me. I am going to use this LO along with several others that I have already created to document my mom and our family’s  journey through breast cancer. She is an amazing woman who inspires all of us to achieve our dreams, especially when that dream is as simple as wanting to just be able to find the energy to hang out one load of laundry. Mom is a force that cannot be stopped!

 

IMG_5668I also made this card for the 1st Scraptastic September challenge. I used a PageMaps CardMaps sketch and the new Bo Bunny paper. I so LOVE this paper…and I am very much ready for the fall colors to start showing in nature!

 

 

 

 

I hope each and everyone of you can stop and see the beauty and enjoy all the moments. Life is precious and passes to quickly.

Stacey

2 comments:

  1. i can so relate to those kids of days with my kids! that is why i ALWAYS go peek in at them before i go to bed, to remind myself that they can be sweet sometimes, ha!

    great job with heather's sketch and what a sweet card! i need to pull out some fall scrappy goodies now that it is cooling off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for playing along with the Scraptastic challenges and for using my sketch. I LOVE your take on it very, very much!

    P.S. Thanks for the comment on my blog too. I'm not a crazy football Mom. For me, it's most important that he's having fun!

    ReplyDelete