Sunday, September 23, 2012

CROPPED Challenge #5

I can’t believe that the CROPPED Event is coming to a close! It has been such a fun weekend Smile Although I am starting to really miss my little guys and big guy… which is only intensified by the sounds of them goofing off upstairs and/or outside. So I do have to admit that while I have stayed logged into the Ustream the whole time Megan has been On Air, I have not actually been sitting here in front of my laptop…or even in the basement for that matter. I just am not able to stay sitting that long! I blame my mother for that as she is not one to let the moss gather under her feet and has passed that on to me Winking smile

So this last challenge was to use ONLY PAPER and ADHESIVE. I cannot tell you how super excited I was when it was announced! That is totally how I scrap!!! WHOOHOOO! Until I realized that that is how I USED to scrap. You know, before I started getting all these super fantastically awesome kits that have all these super fantastic embellishments that, looking back at my most recent LO’s, I apparently can’t scrap without! Hmmm…is it panic time? Can I go back to scrapping the “old way”? Yes, yes I can! And this is what I came up with:

IMG_5568 I used the Simple Stories 100 days of Summer kit. I absolutely adore Simple Stories.  IMG_5572They truly make preserving memories simple!

I did some fussy cutting with my exacto knife to make the paper act as embellishment and to give the LO some POW/POP factor.

            IMG_5571        

I really like how the cut-outs pull your eyes to the photos.

 

 

The pictures that I used are from throughout our summer of fun and adventure. And since there can be no journaling (because you cannot use anything except paper and adhesive) I will add the journaling later Who me? After all the whole reason for scrapbooking (to me) is to preserve not only the memories caught on photos but also the story that is behind all those photos!

Enjoy!

Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Great job! That line looks perfect for a paper only project!

    ReplyDelete