Friday, October 7, 2011

It’s a spooky time….

Ah, October is here! I love this month…change of season, birthday’s (mine included) Halloween parties at the schools for the boys, My parents Wedding Anniversary, and of course Halloween itself! A night that kids (and kids at heart) can be whatever/whoever they want to be! And a night that will ensure that your kiddos will not sleep… because of all the candy they have eaten…even though you told them they could only have one piece and had to save the rest!
Usually I have been out and about taking pictures of the trees changing colors. Unfortunately with the drought we had through the summer the leaves are just turning the dirty yellow color and falling off the trees with the slightest of breezesSad smile I am still holding out to find at least ONE tree that will turn that super deep almost glowing rust color. And if I can find that ONE tree, I will make a entire layout devoted to just that one tree!! I already have the sketch in mind…now I just have to drive all the back roads in Ellsworth County to find that tree Open-mouthed smile
So for now I am still working on Halloween LO’s and I have two more for you today! When my CE was up and running I would rarely do a single page LO. I love doing the double page LO’s  because I can make a whole scene on the page and use the pictures as embellishments (of sorts!!)! So with my CE down I have gone back to the basics and have also found that making a single page LO (even with a sketch) can be a challenge! Did the CE actually make me lazy??? Well… hmmm!
Okay enough rambling! Here are my pages! This first one is based on a sketch from Shimelle. I love her sketches and her take on scrapbooking!
IMG_9187

This next page if for the first October challenge at Scraptastic Club. The challenge is to use a pattern on our LO. I went with a checker board type pattern. And then of course added the embellishments (actually the boys helped me added the embellishments!). Every thing that I used on the following LO is from Scraptastic Club Witching Hour kit. (the above LO also uses papers and embellishments from the same kit).
IMG_9186
Thanks for stopping by! We have another busy weekend full of football and family time! Have a wonderful weekend Smile
Stacey

1 comment: