Thursday, October 20, 2011

Birthdays and Blessings!

So today is my birthday… and it has been a great day! I am not one who dreads the day of turning a year older as I have come to realize that with age truly does come wisdom. The wisdom of knowing that when you were younger you really were not that smart in the choices that you made. And I made several that make me cringe to remember. But even with that being said, I would not change a thing about my life so far. The ups and downs, the smart and oh so not smart, the friends, the friends that are no longer friends, the family and friends who are no longer with us except in spirit, the laundry and dishes that never end, the sleepless nights when kids are sick, the frantic running to get all the kids to the right places at the right times. All of this has made me who I am. And it has brought me to where I am right now, which is a very blessed place. So here are 20 blessing for my birthday (and they are in no particular order except the order that they popped into my aging brain!):

1. JT learning how to snap his pants. Strange to be thought of as a blessing but for only being 3 I think that is quite an accomplishment…and he keeps interrupting me as I am writing this to show me. He has the biggest proudest smile on his face Smile

2. My parents. They are awesome! They brought the wonderful me into the world. They tried their hardest to teach me the right path to follow…and I think after 38 yrs I may finally be on that path! And through it all they never lost faith in me…although I think that some of the stories that we never told them back then but are starting to tell now (usually with the help of wine and my brother saying “hey sis remember when you…”) really should be left untold. There are certain things that your parents probably knew you did but didn’t really know you did that just don’t need to be reinforced with a story about how you really did do what they thought you did but really didn’t want to know you did. You know??

3. My In-Laws. I just love them so much! They accept me as I am. Loud, opinionated and totally not at all like them! But flaws and all I know they love me!

4. Jon. Hands down the best man for me! He loves me for me. He has never asked me to change anything about myself. He loves me through the bad days and the good days, a never failing or changing love. And he can and does still take my breathe away with his actions and words. And he is mine, that right there takes my breathe away!

5. Brady’s smile. What a kiddo Braydon is. No matter what challenges life has thrown at him, he is the happiest little boy I have ever known!

6. Anthony’s charm. Is there a mom out there who is not head over heals in love with her sons? I know I am! And Anthony, being the oldest, is so protective of his little brothers. So loving and kind. He has the biggest heart and truly cares that others feel welcome and included. And his charming smile that he gets whenever I catch him doing something that is on the verge of being “naughty”! You can’t help but laugh Smile

7. The dish washer. Come on, you know it is a blessing to anyone… especially a family of 5!

8. Stickers and goo smeared on the walls. Call me crazy, but that just reminds me that I have 3 healthy and active boys running through our house and it is very much lived in, making it a home. Our home.

9. Lack of Sleep. Yes, you read that right. Lack of sleep. Because that means that I have been up all night snuggling with a kiddo. It may not seem like a blessing at the time but it is.

10. Coffee. I can’t function without it… well I can and have, but not many people wanted to be around me…and some didn’t even survive!

11. Jon’s Job. It is demanding of his time and energy and it takes away time and energy from the family. But where would we be without his job? That is a scary thought. And Jon is very conscience to spend as much time as he can with the boys, even if it means that after they are in bed he has to go back to work until 1 or 2 a.m.

12. Hair mousse. Natural curls + Kansas wind = YIKES without mousse!

13. Flat Iron…because there are days I just don’t want curly hairSmile

14. God and my faith. Without which I would not have all the blessings in my life and I would certainly not be who I am. There are many times that MY way seems better but in the end HIS way is the only way.

15. Cousins. You may not be able to pick them but like kids’ burgers they will stick to you through the tough times!

16. My Brothers. Jason and Joe are always there for me. And while we may not be able to see each other as often as this clingy sis would like to, I know that when I call they will Answer. Are you reading this boys??? YOU WILL ANSWER!!!

17. Tom, my dearly departed Brother. Just thinking of him brings a smile to my face! And I know that he is near…. how else do our boys come up with some of the stuff they do? I know that Tom is whispering in their ears “If you do this, your mom will make the funniest mad face”. Thanks Tom!

18. Toilet bowl cleaner. 3 young boys, potty training, really…do I need to say more?

19. Best Friends who know how to listen, who will let you vent and scream and yell and then tell you “buck up B*&ch! You know you are over reacting again” and says it with a smile and love.

20. The internet and blogging. How else would I be able to reach random strangers and friends and family with all of my glorious words of wisdom to enrich their worlds with my wondrous words??!!

I could keep going all day! But I have only allowed myself 30 mins of playtime and it is time to get back to my daily blessings. May you all be able to see that everything in your life is a blessing.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Stacey

P.S. to those of you wondering… Yes JT is still snapping and unsnapping his pants! How can you not smile and see the blessing in that?! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment