Monday, November 21, 2011

Challenges galore!

 

Hello! Just a warning that this may be a long read! I am posting several LOs Smile

So I have been following Jessica at Scraptastic Club for a while now and I am loving all the inspiration her blog and her designers have to offer! I have also been trying to do all of the monthly challenges that she posts…but I must admit that life gets busy and while the LOs get made I just don’t get them uploaded in time Sad smile But this month I have completed all 3 of the challenges to date and I am actually going to get them published on my blog! YIPPEE!!! Okay enough rambling!

Challenge #1 – must have banners somewhere on the LO

IMG_0170

This LO is from Brady’s Preschool trip to the SunnySide Pumpkin Patch in Assaria. Love how it turned out! And the colors really suit Brady Smile

 

Challenge #2 – sketch challenge by (Heather) that has to show a family relationship.

HL_Sketch_Template6

 

This is the sketch (which is fabulous!!!)

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0173

 

And this is my interpretation of the sketch:

 

 

 

 

I had so much fun with this sketch! And the pictures of my parents with 3 of their 7 grandkids where just perfect! I love the relationships that all of the kids have with their Mema and Papa. Make me so very happy!

 

Challenge #3 – recipe challenge

This month's recipe is... use any three of the following:

  • Use a fall photo
  • Dig out those embossing folders. Try using them on a chipboard piece!
  • Use two colors of cardstock
  • Use rub-ons. I think that sometimes can be one of those items we tend to forget to use.
  • Punch a border
  • Use teal, orange and brown
  • Mist somewhere on your page, be it the whole page or a mask or an item adhered to your page.

And this is what I came up with:

IMG_0161

 

*use 2 colors of cardstock

* Use teal, orange, and brown

* Mist somewhere on the page

*use a fall photo ****this doesn’t look like the “typical” fall photo but it was taken after Fall had officially started!

 

Okay! So that is all for the Scraptastic Club Challenges…unless there is another one before the end of the month!

I want to share one last LO that I just completed last night. It is of Brady and the Preschool Bear, Precious. Brady got to bring Precious home for the weekend and was to care for him like he was Brady’s “little baby”! Oh that bear went everywhere…he even got lost a couple times BUT was always found again once the toy mess was picked up (poor Precious was always buried under the toys). I had so much fun with this LO…I love all the colors and yes ever single letter is stamped, embossed and then hand cut around! Took awhile to get just the letters done but the end result is so totally worth all the time Smile

IMG_0158

Gosh I just really LOVE how this turned out!

Remember to Enjoy the moments!

Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Great pages Stacey! I love your takes on all of the challenges!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scraptastic Club.
    :)

    ReplyDelete